Other than for Grand Cru errors, we generally cannot accept a return after 90 days because the passage of time generally limits our ability to recover credit from our supplier and we have no way of verifying your storage conditions.
Note that we may ask you to return questionable bottles (including both opened and unopened ones) to us for evaluation and for possible return to our supplier.
Set forth below are examples of both valid and invalid reasons for returning wine, which are subject to Grand Cru's investigation, review and final evaluation of the relevant facts and circumstances regarding a particular request for return.
VALID REASONS FOR RETURNS:
- The wrong wine was sent. (e.g. different vintage than ordered)
- The bottle condition upon arrival was not consistent with our inspection guidelines.
- The wine is leaking upon arrival, spoiled or "cooked" and was shipped in accordance with our shipping policy. (We do not guarantee condition if you chose to override our shipping policy.)
INVALID REASONS FOR RETURNS:
- You decide you don't want the wine.
- You don't like the wine.
- You received a gift from someone via Grand Cru and want to exchange it.
- You overbought and want to return excess wine.
- The wine is showing signs of damage after leaving our possession for reasons including adverse weather conditions during shipment (where you have overridden our shipping policy or for any international shipment), delays caused by failed delivery attempts through no fault of the shipper, improper storage, or other forms of mistreatment.
- The wine is corked or flawed. The winery, not Grand Cru, is the source of this problem but we understand it can be disappointing.
- All wine over ten years old or shipped overseas are final sale.
- Any order that is unable to ship, or is seized or destroyed due to violation or potential violation of shipping laws or common carrier policy is not refundable. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE MANNER IN WHICH ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES MAY LAWFULLY BE BROUGHT INTO YOUR JURISDICTION.
ORDER CANCELLATIONS & RESTOCKING FEE
To ensure smooth order processing and product availability:
- Cancellations before 5PM PST on the same day your order is placed are free.
- Cancellations after 5PM PST on the order day incur a 3% transaction fee.
- For cancellations made after 7 days, a 15% restocking fee applies to recover lost business opportunities.
To ensure efficient order processing and product availability, we kindly request cancellations be made before 5:00 PM PST on the day of your purchase. Cancellations after this time will incur a 3% transaction fee to cover credit card processing costs.
For returns made after 7 days, a 15% restocking fee will be applied to offset product handling and restocking expenses. This fee will be automatically deducted from your refund.
We understand that sometimes you may change your mind for legitimate reasons and need to restock your wine, and we want to make the process as easy as possible for you. If you have any questions about our restocking fee policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.